Why should children learn computer programming?
- Programming is fun!
- Programming stimulates interest in technology
- Programming makes children learn how to connect logic to creativity
- With programming children can build stuff! Design games, create animations, write stories, create music and design graphics
- Programming lets children learn important skills such as algorithmic thinking
- Programming helps children to understand the mathematics of computing
- Programming cultivates children’s social skills development by working collaboratively and share knowledge
KidsCodeSchool provides computer classes hosted by experienced and enthusiastic teachers.
Scratch is a online free project developed by Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. Scratch has a large user community with lots of resources like discussion forums, video tutorials and documentation. The graphical interface of Scratch is online which in turn enables users to save their projects online. Programmers can share their projects on the scratch site where other scratchers can see it, rate it, comment on it and even remix it if they want to add functionality or improve it. Scratch helps children to think creatively, reason systematically and work collaboratively.